Friday, January 2, 2009

Re-cycled plastic diy fashion accessories

Following on a "challenge"from Louisa at http://www.recyclethis.co.uk/ from my posting about gorgeous accessories by the Belgium designer Christophe Coppens I made a fashion"trinket" from empty, plastic soap containers. Finished with a pretty lilac ribbon slipped through the loop it was worn as a necklace to a chic party ... but you can also slide it onto a snap bolt and hook it to your cellphone or a bag. It is contemporary, a sunburst of color and shape, that makes pleasure and use from what would be chucked into the re-cycle bin. I am going to be making some more accessories with this material, it's just too fun to stop here and love synergy, so shoot me any images ... or challenges!
Here's the step-by-step how to:
Materials: Scissors
Hole puncher
Gather together some emptied plastic bottles (I used, orange, turquoise, white and transparent shampoo, water and kitchen liquid soap containers)
2 - 2 1/2" karabiner
How to Make it:
Cut oval shapes out of your plastic containers, ranging in size from about 2" to 3".
Punch a hole at one end.

Slip the ovals, in an assorted range of colors and shapes, on the karabiner. Attach a ribbon, a snap bolt or a chain through your karabiner and wear as a necklace or hang as a charm to brighten the winter day!

6 comments:

Drea said...

Neat! I'm going to try this on my next day off. :) Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

very nice! i also recycle pet bottles and i need ideas for me to use in them

Nancy said...

ohh, so many possiblities, keep them clean and stored away and you will discover a wonderful new way to use them, like even creating an interesting piece of furniture. also I have a tutorial on how to re-cycle plastics as photo stands. good luck!

Unknown said...

This is an awesome idea! I'm going to pour all my odd leftover shampoos into one bottle (why can no one in my house completely finish a bottle?) and use it for hand soap or shampoo. Then I'm gonna make me a necklace from all the empty bottles. I've been making plabric but this will be a nice break.

Nancy said...

Wonderful and I love your blogger icon. Very cool.

ClaraHamor said...

legal,https://lekecolors.blogspot.com.br