Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sweet guest and kitchen towels

I've been cutting creamy linen into guest and kitchen towels - decorating them with tender embroidery, ribbons, ric-rac or whatever else looks delightfully right at the moment. I love to hand stitch, love embroidery thread, and so these projects, that pack light and small, are fitting into my bag for train rides and spare moments grabbed here and there. Anyway, don't you think that lovely guest and kitchen towels, are like warm hospitality, they brighten up and spread some special charm around the home?

7 comments:

Siljesfashion said...

Beautiful! I love those small signs and tokens of care and love for the guests. Do you make everything yourself?

Nancy said...

Yes, Irish linen rectangles, clean hemmed around, and I have an ever expanding list (like what would Schiaparelli love) that I add to and occassionally ... check off.

Angela said...

yes, they are very pretty. great idea.

Kristina Strain said...

Thanks for your recent comment! Your blog is great-- I'm glad to have found it!

sallymandy said...

Love these and your whole blog. Socially conscious fashion...thanks so much. I started a blog too and will add you to my followers list. Will be back.

sallymandy

amy c said...

where would you find the irish linen for these? I too love hand embroidery.

Nancy said...

Thanks for visiting! Mine was actually cut from an old tablecloth, it was a way of re-cycling something old and stained into something "new" and gorgeous. But most fabric stores, especially ones with curtaina and upholstery fabrics, will have a beautiful 100% linen fabric.